Wrinkles appear on the face for a variety of reasons. The first of them are the result of dehydration or microtraumas of the epidermis: with a loss of moisture or a decrease in hyaluronic acid, the stratum corneum dries up and forms a fine wrinkle that Darsonval can cope with. Mimic ones take longer to form: when the muscle fiber is strained, fibroblasts come into action. But if the muscles return to their original state after tension, then the fibroblasts deform over time and form dermal wrinkles.
With age, the synthesis of collagen fibers, which serve as a framework, decreases. When destroyed, its skin loses its turgor, "sags". This is combined with weakening and deformation of muscle fibers - the oval loses its definition, folds form on the face, chin and neck.
If the process is not hindered in any way, age-related changes appear and consolidate earlier. It is impossible to get rid of wrinkles completely, but it is quite possible to prevent their early formation.
How the Darsonval technique works on the face
Darsonvalization is a physiotherapeutic procedure based on the influence of an electrical impulse.A special device - Darsonval, generates weak high-frequency currents.The latter have a strong stimulating effect:
- first of all, currents enhance microcirculation, thereby improving skin nutrition;
- darsonval eliminates vascular spasms and improves venous outflow. And along with this, lymph drainage improves, which allows you to get rid of edema;
- exposure to a weak current enhances the turgor of the dermis and helps to increase the density of the skin layer;
- darsonval also relieves spasms of muscle fibers, and they lead to the formation of deep dermal wrinkles;
- electric current promotes skin regeneration.
Darsonvalization is used not only in cosmetology for rejuvenation, but also in the treatment of skin diseases, neuralgia, osteochondrosis, trophic ulcers.
For wrinkles (rejuvenation)
Whether darsonval helps with wrinkles depends on the general condition of the skin and the type of formations. The device is used to smooth deep and fine wrinkles. However, the effect of currents is not instantaneous: to remove a fold, you need to go through at least 1 course. The current affects the skin indirectly: improving microcirculation in the dermis stimulates intensive collagen production. For the best result, you can connect special collagen masks and creams.
With good blood circulation, more hygroscopic substances, like hyaluronic acid, are retained in the dermis. High hydration of the skin eliminates small epidermal wrinkles.
The effect on deep wrinkles, especially on mimic wrinkles, is explained by the ability of weak high-frequency currents to relieve spasms of blood vessels and muscle fibers.When the latter are relaxed, the constant tension that maintains the wrinkle disappears. Unfortunately, in this case, the fibroblasts are not completely restored, but they take on a configuration close to the original.
On the second chin, oval lift
This unpleasant formation occurs for 2 main reasons:
- fat accumulation - fatty tissue is simply deposited under the chin until it forms a heavy double fold. In this case, darsonvalization practically does not give a result, since the electric current does not affect the fat cells. They conduct current very poorly and are therefore weakly sensitive to impact. Accordingly, it is impossible to get rid of a double chin in this way;
- sagging - with a decrease in collagen and elastin fibers, the skin loses its firmness and elasticity. As a result, under the influence of gravity in a place such as under the chin, the skin sags quickly. And this also applies to the dermis and adipose tissue. Darsonval stimulates collagen production and thickens the top layer of the skin. This reduces sagging and the double chin disappears or becomes noticeably smaller.
To tighten the chin, it is recommended to combine the effects of Darsonval with exercises like stretching the lips, increased articulation.
Contraindications and side effects of Darsoval
Despite the safety of the procedure, it is not always applicable. There are a number of contraindications that prevent the use of an anti-wrinkle device:
- during pregnancy, this kind of stimulation is useless. The skin under the influence of hormonal changes becomes much looser and cannot become elastic until the female body returns to normal;
- susceptibility to allergies - this refers to the sensitivity to mechanical and thermal effects on the skin. In this case, darsonval turns into a strong irritant;
- open wound surfaces, scratches, various kinds of inflammation, as well as skin diseases during an exacerbation are a contraindication;
- in oncology, darsonvalization is prohibited;
- any diseases associated with poor blood clotting are a contraindication;
- cardiovascular ailments, or, more precisely, those of them that affect the condition of the walls. If the fragility of the capillaries is too high, for example, it is impossible to act with current, since this leads to the destruction of blood vessels.
Electric current, even weak, irritates the skin.Therefore, after the procedure, there are often some side effects:
- redness and slight inflammation of the epidermis - disappears in less than a day;
- tingling, numbness;
- feeling of heat - arises from the active work of the blood vessels;
- spots on the skin.
If redness turns into irritation and swelling, if rashes appear after the procedure, darsonvalization is stopped.
How to apply correctly for different areas
Darsonval comes with several attachments that are used for different purposes. The frequency and power of the pulses are regulated within certain limits. This is what makes it possible to use the device against wrinkles around the eyes as effectively as for getting rid of a double chin.
To remove wrinkles and folds, to tighten the oval of the face, a non-contact technique is used. The electrode with the nozzle does not touch the skin, and its effect is enhanced by the appearance of a spark discharge.
Wrinkles and folds are formed here due to constant muscle tension, so the first task of the procedure is to relieve spasms. How to use darsonval to remove lesions on the forehead:
- To smooth out wrinkles, a mushroom-shaped nozzle with a diameter of 2 cm is used.
- Smooth the creases from the center of the forehead to the sides. This direction is dictated by the direction of lymphatic drainage.
- The impact force is closer to maximum. The massage lasts no more than 7 minutes.
- Finish the procedure with circular stroking movements. At the same time, the power is changed.
Around the eyes (eyelids)
How to use darsonval to remove wrinkles around the eyes:
- A petal-shaped attachment is used for the procedure.
- Darsonvalization begins with the lowest power current. The skin on the eyelids is very thin and delicate and there is no need for a strong effect.
- Over time, the skin adapts to impulses, therefore, after 5-10 sessions, the current strength for the eyelids is increased.
- The massage starts from the upper eyelid: the skin is smoothed from the inner corner of the eye to the outer one. Smoothing of the lower eyelid is performed in the opposite direction: from the outer to the inner corner.
- The movements are slow, accurate, the duration of the procedure is 3-5 minutes.
This formation is considered sustainable.The appearance of folds is due to the action of gravity, and sagging of the skin, and deformation of the collagen frame in this area.In addition, the mimic muscles are very active and constantly working here:
- For exposure, the maximum current is used: the nasolabial folds are stable, and the skin in this place is insensitive.
- For the procedure, either a point attachment is used - wrinkles, or a mushroom - folds.
- The massage starts from the central part of the nose, smooths out the wrinkle itself, and then moves up to the temples. Thus, Darsonval stimulates the relaxation of muscle fibers and accelerates the reconstruction of the collagen framework on the cheeks.
- The procedure lasts at least 10 minutes. With deep folds, the period may be longer.
The earlier darsonvalization of the nasolabial folds begins, the better the result and the longer it lasts.
How often can you do the procedure and how long to use (use)
On average, the course of darsonvalization takes 20-25 procedures. Massage is performed every day or every other day, depending on the sensitivity of the skin. The session lasts 15–20 minutes.It is recommended to repeat darsonvalization no more than once every 3-4 months.
If the device is in personal use, it is possible to carry out electric massage 1-2 times a week between the main courses. The duration of the session should be minimal - up to 5-7 minutes. At the same time, the effect of the main procedure lasts longer.
Prevention of wrinkles
To prevent aging of the skin and the formation of wrinkles, strong exposure is not required. How to use Darsonval for preventive purposes:
- Only the contact technique is used.When massaging, the nozzle fits snugly against the skin, but without pressure. In this case, the current strength will be less than with a non-contact massage.
- Darsonvalization is performed, moving along the massage lines from the center to the periphery. No lateral movement required.
- The course includes fewer procedures - from 10 to 15.
- The session time does not exceed 10 minutes.
Carrying out the procedure at home
Darsonval is produced not only in the form of massive devices for medical procedures, but also in a much more accessible mobile form. The latter can be purchased privately and used at home. It is only important to understand which device is needed and which one is better to choose. At the same time, the rules of use are not much different from those that are observed in the beauty salon:
- Before darsonvalization, the skin is prepared: cleaned, dried thoroughly with a paper towel or napkin. There should be no moisture.
- Contact surfaces - nozzles, treated with alcohol or other disinfectant.
- The required power is selected on the apparatus, the nozzle is installed.
- Massage is performed. Depending on the purpose, different procedures are used. If different zones are being processed, it is imperative that when moving from one area to another, the pulse power and the nozzle are changed, if necessary.
- Darsonvalization is completed with lymphatic drainage massage of the neck - from the chin to the collarbones. Thus, lymph drainage is improved.
- After the procedure, the skin is lubricated with a moisturizer.
Do not use alcohol tonics and tinctures after darsonvalization.
To get the maximum effect, you should adhere to some recommendations:
- before purchasing the device, you should familiarize yourself with all available models and consult with a specialist. For home use, there is no need to buy too powerful a device;
- you need to follow the rules for using darsonval. Pay special attention to restrictions;
- it is necessary to apply electromassage in courses, observing the frequency. A haphazard massage will not be beneficial;
- darsonval is combined with other anti-aging technologies.
To enhance the effect during the procedure, you can use special contact gels.However, they are only recommended for deep wrinkles and folds.
- Darsonvalization is a special type of stimulating massage performed with low power electric currents.
- The procedure is used both for skin rejuvenation and for the treatment of a wide variety of diseases.
- The device for darsonvalization is completed with attachments. They effectively smooth out wrinkles on different parts of the face: on the forehead, around the eyes, around the mouth.
- Darsonval is used both to get rid of wrinkles and to prevent their appearance.
- The electromassage procedure can be carried out independently at home. In this case, it is worth adhering to the recommendations of specialists.